Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yayy I am on twitter/ Invisible Chains Of Social networking





I finally entered the Twitter Universe Today. My First tweet went something like this: "Welcome my son, Welcome to the machine."

Twitter is a crazy platform wherein everyone is naked... I mean you know what people do every half an hour, As in if you are a huge fan of someone, you'll know what he/she has been doing.

It is highly transparent media. And to think of this humongous transparency, it might get spooky. because you can't hide anything. This problem leads to a lot of things.
These are the real problems with Social Networking sites.

Coincidentally, yesterday, I/my brother took the test on facebook : "What kinda Alcohol are you ? " Now, the test was just meant for fun and somewhat out of curiosity, and my superrr-duperr sensitive uncle CAUGHT it !!!

Now, I don't get it what's there to be CAUGHT here !!

Isn't a social Networking platform a space for yourself, where you could be YOU and not what YOUR PARENTS told you, or The SOCIETY expects YOU to be !! Isn't this a place where you could free your minds ??

Now, imagine this Blog being read by some of my relatives or peers, what they'd think about me ??? (They seldom read it, But this they'd Read : Murphy's Law)

Its crazy how the invisible chains of social networking bind you, when your relatives are around.

Secondly, Being a media student, I've come across a super example of MEDIUM IS THE MESSAGE Theory By Marshall Mcluhan:

Sunny Sidin Vadukut just tweeted; Blast in Peshawar, several Causalities. This didn't move me, if i'd seen the news on TV i would've definitely been shell shocked, but as the message came through a lighter medium and a person, whom I worship for his classy humor, I am still continuing to write my blog.

Its also amazing to see how advertising has altogether taken a new meaning with these Social networking Sites.
Chetan Bhagat has superbly marketed 2 states on Twitter. It could Become a case study... Oh well I might just want to do it... Hats off to Him.

Also, the study of Filtering effect with the Shashi Tharoor Tweet: About the Cattle Class. I wonder if Varun Gandhi had Tweeted the HATE SPEECH, would it have had the Same impact?

A reason why Social Networking is : People Wish to peek in others Lives and Constantly compare the Relative Sadness !! So as to attain Sadistic pleasures, by scoffing other people.

Ultimately, Social networking is here to Stay !!


No comments:

Post a Comment